Friday February 18, 2011
I decided to take a pregnancy test in the middle of the night. I knew as soon as I woke up I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep unless I did. Otherwise I would be thinking about it all night. I waited for what seemed like hours all alone in the dark living room because I didn't want to wake up Nick. I couldn't believe my eyes when the test said "positive" and I couldn't stop double checking it. I stayed up and stared at it for an hour or so and then decided to try and go back to sleep. I must have made too much noise getting into bed because I woke Nick up. He looked up at me and I must have been smiling because he sat right up and said "What?" I showed him the test and he couldn't believe it.
I think at first we were shocked and not sure how to react...we have wanted this for so long. Was it true? After laying in bed for the next 3 hours, I finally got up and got ready for the day...checking the test every few minutes just to be sure I wasn't dreaming. I called the doctor's office as soon as I could to find out what they wanted me to do. They ordered a blood test for Monday (3 days later). All weekend we will wait...and wait...and wait...

No comments:
Post a Comment