I went into the hospital lab yet again, for another blood test. All week I had been feeling light headed and a little crampy. I wasn't sure if they were normal pains or feelings because this is all new to me.
This experience at the lab felt so different than the last one. I just had this strange feeling inside of me.
Hours later, the doctor called me. The news was not good. He told me that the newest blood test had inidcated that my BETA numbers had dropped dramatically from 512 on Monday to 60 on Friday. He said that this kind of a drop indicated that the pregnancy was not viable and that he was concerned that it could possibly be an ectopic pregnancy. I was so devestated that I couldn't even ask him any questions. He simply said wait it out, it's early enough that "it should take care of itself". He ordered another blood test for the following Thursday to make sure the numbers had gone back down...thus indicating that it was over.
At this point I called Nick and we both cried (while we were at work). I decided that I needed support so I called and emailed family and friends to not only let them in on our secret but to fill them in on our devestation.
When I arrived home from work that afternoon Lynne, Lindsey and my great friend Traci were there waiting for me, to comfort me, to support me. The next week was the worst week of my life. I have never felt so empty and sad. Our dreams were crushed.

No comments:
Post a Comment