Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Blood Test #3

Thursday March 3, 2011

I was so nervous about getting this test done. What if the numbers hadn't gone down? What if it "hadn't taken care of itself?" What if it was an ectopic pregnancy?

My morning went on as usual, my thoughts were actually quite distracted that day, as it was a busy day in first grade. Then, the school secretary called down to my room and told me that my doctor was on line #1 and could I take the call? I knew it would be quick. My heart sank. On the other end was Dr. Daly's voice. His exact words "Melissa, what did I say when we first met?" I responded blankly...what was he getting at? "I said to you, I don't trust any other Dr. or facility but myself or my own." "OK," I replied. "Well, he says, either the lab that you went to us messed up big time last week, or they were lying to us, because your BETA numbers today are now in the 11,000 range...going along with the first numbers from the very first test. You need to come in on Monday for an ultra sound so we can see what is going on with this pregnancy."

WHAT???!!!! That's right, my desperate prayers that this was all a mistake may have really been answered. Could it be true? I can't get excited, I was just now getting over the heartbreak of last week. I will go about my business this weekend as though we are about to learn nothing new at this ultra sound and that way my heart will not be broken again.

No comments:

Post a Comment