Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ultra Sound #1

Monday March 7, 2011

THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE...thus far!!!

On the way down to the ultra sound my stomach was flipping. I was quiet...so was Nick. We were both trying to be disconnected...impossible! We were both trying to prepare for the worst. Obviously we were hoping for the best...for what seemed like the impossible.

I could feel my heart pounding in my chest and my palms pouring out sweat. The first thing Dr. Daly said was "well the first news is, it's in your uterus." I crack a smile (still trying to fight back high hopes), I clench the sides of the ultra sound so tight, bracing myself for the worst. "The next good news," he says "there's a heartbeat!" That's when I saw it, a tiny flicker in the middle of a dark circle in the center of the screen. I look at Nick and we smile...that was the best smile we have both shared with each other. We knew exactly what each other was thinking. I wanted so badly to just grab him and hug him and cry. BUT I didn't I kept my composure and I'm glad I did because without hesitation Dr. Daly let us hear that beautiful flickering heart beat! We heard it beat! We heard that life beat! Our prayers WERE answered.
On the way home I stared at the first pictures of my baby and couldn't stop smiling. Nick and I both agreed that we would keep this secret between the two of us until we were through the first trimester. There's always a risk and if something did happen we did not want to put our family and friends through the disapointment again.
So for now, we wait again, we wait to explode with our news, to scream it from the mountain tops. For now, we try to keep our precious most amazing secret safe...

No comments:

Post a Comment