Well we went in for a non stress test on Wed. November 2nd and followed it up with an appt with the OB. After finding out that everything was fine with the test the Dr., Nick and myself decided that we were going to be induced the next morning. The Dr. wanted us to go in that night though at 730 to be prepped overnight. So Nick and I packed up our things, got all set to go and enjoyed one last meal together at Schubergs before we checked in at the birthing center. We were thinking it was going to be a nice relaxing night at the hospital, we thought we were still going to be able to enjoy our Wed. night shows! :)
Well we got checked in and they gave me my first dose out of four of "the thinning pill". What do you know...it only took one dose and an hour later my contractions had started. This is not something we were prepared for! Even the nurse thought the night was going to be cake. Well, apparently we were having a baby! By 10:30 my contractions were strong and heavy but I was only dialated at 2cm. I decided then and there that I wanted an epidoral. They were only going to call once I had dialted to 4 or 5 so I waited...rather impatiently!
Finally at about 1:15am, after sitting in the shower, walking, curling up in the fetal position...you name it, they checked me and I was dialated to 5!!! Best news ever when they told me they were calling for the magic drug! They said it would take about a half hr for the guy to get there and to get the meds all set. It was the longest half hour of my life and probably the most painful. Finally I heard the words "he's here, now just let me check you...oh dear honey you are dialated to 9cm already...you can't have the epidoral, sorry! Noooooooooo...I think I might have cried at this point in time, the good news though was that the Dr. came in and by the time she checked me I was ready to push. I think I pushed for an hour or so and then our miracle arrived! Rowan Nicholas Scheible was born at 3:18am on Thursday November 3, 2011. He weighed 7lbs 11 oz and was 21 inches long. The most perfect human being I have ever laid eyes on!

No comments:
Post a Comment